Ever since Noah’s flood, unwanted water has been causing damage to homes and businesses. Even moderately wet floors and carpets need professional attention, or replacement may be necessary. Sometimes the damage will not become visible until it’s too late. Furniture resting on wet carpet may cause permanent stains. Untreated, carpet backing will eventually smell, mildew and rot. Floors may warp, and moisture can wick into walls causing them to weaken and crumble.
With fast action, our Certified Water Damage Technicians prevent permanent damage. We have invested in equipment plus training to restore most wet materials, including carpets, pad, flooring and walls, to their original condition. In some cases, they actually look better than before because we remove odors and clean the materials during the restoration process.
When you need us, we are available. Flooding can occur at any time, day or night. That is the reason we have trained technicians available to help you. For most situations, we arrive within the hour to reduce the damage expense and the inconvenience.
We are not just carpet cleaners, we are water damage specialists. We have taken advance training from Dri-Eaze, and are certified by the International Institute as Water Damage Technicians. We have special restoration equipment, including high powered Truck Mounted equipment, TurboDryers, Dehumidifiers, Hygrometers, HydroSensors and Deodorizing equipment. We have the skill to disengage carpets, and we have the ability to dry wall, carpets, flooring, padding and other wet materials.
Fast response and correct action can save you or your company thousands of dollars. Every step from your phone call to our invoicing is done with the customer’s convenience in mind.
BASIC STEPS FOR COMPLETE DRYING
- Inspect wet materials and determine the extent of the moisture with HydroSensor and Hygrometer.
- Extract the water with a Truck Mounted high powered extraction unit and special weighted drag tools.
- Install powerful TurboDryers to create a high rate of evaporation.
- Treat materials with an antimicrobial to help prevent odors caused by mildew and bacteria.
- Install powerful DrizAir Dehumidifiers to reduce the humidity quickly and prevent moisture damage.
- Clean and deodorize materials to remove tracked and wicked soil, and to leave everything springtime fresh.
EMERGENCY WATER DAMAGE TIPS
- Identify the source of the incoming water and, if possible, stop it or call a professional to handle it.
- Turn off all electrical appliances in and around the affected area to reduce electrical hazards.
- Remove or elevate furniture off wet areas to prevent permanent stains or rust marks from occurring.
- Empty out closet floors, including shoes and cardboard boxes which could cause staining.
- Call us to schedule an inspection or to begin emergency drying procedures.
WHY TRY BALDUFF’S?
Of course, each situation is different and additional steps may be needed, depending on the severity of the flood and the time the materials remained wet.
Again, due to the nature of water damage, quick response must be emphasized. Within one hour, furniture stains begin to form and wooden legs may swell or split. Within 48 hours, mildew can begin to degrade natural backings, and fading of the face yarns can start.